April-May 2016 Tipping Point Round Up
Click above to read the entire April-May 2016 TP Round Up or continue reading below for some of the highlights!
Tipping Point News from the Field
We’re glad you are visiting the new Tipping Point Website! We hope this will be useful to all teams for sharing internally and externally with peer organizations and advocacy targets globally.
CARE Nepal’s Documentary Video on Tipping Point
CARE Nepal released a phenomenal video on Tipping Point’s work in Nepal. You can watch the full video by clicking here.
In the Media
The article titled Deprived of a Childhood written by Ayushma Basnyat was posted at Republica (April 1, 2016).
Tipping Point Annual Reflection Meetings
Teams in Bangladesh and Nepal hosted 3-day meetings in each country reflecting on the past year to inform the coming year. Some key parts of the meetings in both countries included:
- Revisiting the Tipping Point core commitments and learning about the highlights of the work of all three teams across Nepal, Bangladesh, and USA
- Reviewing the overall strategies and the linkage to core outcomes of the project
- Applying a social norms lens to the strategies and reflecting on effort vs. potential impact on community level norms
- Reflecting on the changes we are seeing thus far and those we are not and linking to challenges and gaps in our programming strategies
- Looking forward and identifying priorities and needed changes in programming approaches to address the gaps and to strengthen what appears to be working
CARE National Conference 2016
The CARE National Conference was held from May 2 – 4, 2016. There was a panel on Tipping Point – Digging up the Roots of Child Marriage to Replant the Future, where Nidal Karim, Director of Tipping Point Project spoke about CARE’s Tipping Point program. She described the program’s unique design and the evidence obtained from recent research on what leads communities in these countries to push adolescent girls towards marriage.